Due to COVID-19, all applicants must be willing to self isolate on farm for the entire duration of employment. No visitors allowed.
Housing is available in mostly 2 occupant rooms however there are some bunkhouses with single occupant rooms – typically 10 people per house. There is a small fee for internet & other amenities but rent is free.
Sobey’s groceries can be ordered and paid for by email and delivery is free to the farm. There is also the ability to have online orders delivered to the farm.
Full Time Seasonal Work!
- Work on average between 30-80 hrs per week
- Mid April or early May until end of season
- Manitoba minimum wage or as per ESDC’s Wages by Agricultural Commodity for Fruits & Vegetables in Manitoba
- End of year bonus may be awarded based on crop success & individual performance & attitude
- Plant, maintain and harvest crops such as (but not limited to) Asparagus, Strawberries, Broccoli, Carrots & Squash
- Cleaning & maintenance (farm yards, buildings & equipment)
- Other duties as required on the farm
Interested applicants must be
- Legally able to work in Canada
- Have good hand/eye coordination
- Able to do physical labour – standing, sitting, kneeling, lifting 50 lbs
- Willing to work outside
- Willing to work early mornings, days, evenings and/or weekends depending on the weather and crop cycle